lotsof造句初一

lotsof造句初一

红色字体为需重读部分;下划线部分可参考注释。

Day 916 Telecommuting has its benefits and its costs! (Part one)

Matthew: Life in a bigcity is really troublesome. There are lotsof people and he原由网avy traffic. Every dayI spend more than two hoursgoing toand from work. It would be fineif onlyIcould justwork at home.

Whitney: I once worked at home, but later I gaveit upand returned to the office.

Matthew: Really? Were you freelancewhen you worked from home?

Whitney: No, you knowI'm an editor, right?

【参考译文】

马修斯:生活在大城市可真麻烦哪。人多车也多。我每天上下班花在路上的时间就要两个多小时。我要是能干脆在家里上班就好啦。

惠特尼:我曾经在家工作过,但是后来我放弃了,又回到了办公室。

马修斯:真的吗?你在家工作的时候是自由职业者吗?

惠特原由网:不是,你知道我是一个编辑,对吧?

【注释】

troublesomeadj. [ trblsm] causing problems, in an annoying way 造成麻烦的,令人心烦的

a troublesomechild 一个惹麻烦的孩子

troublesomeitching 令人心烦的瘙痒

trafficn. [ trfk] [U] the vehicles moving along a road or street 交通,往来车辆

a traffic accident 交通事故

There's usually a lot of trafficat this time of day. 每天在这段时间往来车辆都很多。

(Day 803)Trafficright now is terrible. 现在的交通很糟糕啊。

heavy traffic = a large amount of traffic 车流量大

We were stuck in heavy trafficfor more than an hour. 我们在拥挤的车辆中堵了一个多小时。

知识点拓展

'traffic .jamn. [C] a large number of vehicles close together and unable to move or moving very slowly 塞车,交通拥塞

I was stuck in a traffic jamfor an hour yesterday. 昨天我堵车堵了一个小时。

(Day 750) There was a traffic jamon the way, so... 路上塞车了,所以……

every day: each day 每天

They see each other every day. 他们每天彼此都见面。

(Day 820)Every day, it's the same old thing. 每一天总是无聊的事儿。

知识点拓展

everydayadj. [evride] [only before noun原由网] ordinary, usual, or happening every day (只用在名词前)日常的

the problems of everyday life 日常生活的问题

Describe it in ordinary everyday language. 用普通的日常语言来描述它。

workn. [ wk] [U] a place where you do your job, which is not your home 工作地点,工作单位

I had an accident on the way to work. 上班路上我出了事故。

He left workat the usual time. 他在平常的时间下班。

at work

Dad’s at work right now. 爸爸现在正在上班。

(Day 876)I’ve got to go to work, actually. 其实我得去上班。

if only: usedfor saying that you would like a situation to be different 要是……的话(就好了)

There's so much more I could do if onlyI had the time. 要是我有时间的话,我就可以多做这么多的事情了。

If only they were here now, we would be able to celebrate their wedding anniversary. 他们现在要是在这就好了,我们就可以庆祝他们的结婚周年纪念日了。

just adv. [ dst] used to emphasize what you are saying (用以加强语气)根本,就是,干脆,实在

It justisn't true. 这根本不是真的。

I justlove being in the mountains. 我就是喜欢在山里面。

Just give it to me straight. How badly hurt is he? 干脆实话实说吧,他的伤有多严重?

His pronunciation is just terrible. 他的发音实在糟透了。

give sthup: to stop doingsomething you do regularly 放弃……,戒除……

She gave upher job and started writing poetry. 她辞职开始从事诗歌创作。

His wife finally persuaded him to give up smoking. 他的妻子终于说服他戒烟了。

知识点拓展

give up: stop trying to do something 认输,放弃

She doesn't give up easily. 她决不轻易认输。

I give uptell me the answer. 我放弃了,把答案告诉我吧。

give up on sb/ sth: to stop hoping that someone or something will change or improve 对……不再抱希望,对……绝望

His teachers seem to have given up on him. 他的老师们似乎已经对他不报希望了。

At that point, I hadn't completely given up on the marriage. 在那一刻,我还没有完全对这段婚姻绝望。

(Day 334)It also says that you will give uponsomething. 还说你会对某些事情不报原由网希望。

freelance adj. & adv. [ frilnts] working independently for different companies rather than being employed by one particular company 自由职业的,独立的

freelancejournalist/ writer/ photographeretc 自由新闻工作者、自由作家、自由摄影师

She works freelancefrom home. 她是自由职业者,在家工作。

(Day 607) I’m a freelancewriter. 我是个自由作家。

editorn. [ ed] [C] someone whose job is to be in charge of a newspaper or magazine 编辑

the editor ofthe Los Angeles Times 《洛杉矶时报》的编辑

(Day 798)I think you would make a really good website editortoo! 我也觉得你会成为一个特别棒的网站编辑的!

本课程所有声音及文字版权归李延隆所有,仅供会员个人学习使用,未经许可禁止转发、散播或用于商业用途。

微信公众号:李延隆老师(liyanlonglao原由网shi

个人微信:liyanlong06

内容版权声明:除非注明原创否则皆为转载,再次转载请注明出处。

文章标题: lotsof造句初一

文章地址: www.58yuanyou.com/wenzhang/250216.html

相关推荐